Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Draw The Line

Today it's nearly impossible to go to store without buying stuff from Communist China.  I figured it was time to draw the line somewhere.  So I figured I would buy shoes from American companies, made in America.  I drew a line in the sand with my feet.  A number years ago I went to Sears, an American company, to buy a pair of shoes.  I thought I would buy a pair of shoes made in America, or barring that buy a pair of shoes from some nation other than China.

Every single pair of shoes had a name like Canyon River or Wolverine, even Caterpillar (the bulldozer people).  And every single pair of shoes was made in Communist China!  I checked on line and found Red Wing Shoes.  MADE IN AMERICA they proudly proclaimed.  So I went to Red Wing and purchased a pair of American made shoes.

A few years later, I went back to Red Wing Shoes and almost all of their shoes were made in Communist China.  The few American made shoes were the same price as the Chinese made shoes. So the consumer saved nothing by buying shoes from China.  Now I buy my shoes from SAS shoes, made in San Antonio, Texas.  They are very expensive, but they last a long time.  Certainly there must be other American shoe makers.  I figure we have got to draw the line someplace and I drew it at shoes; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: