Sunday, September 13, 2015

Freedom Not Fairness

Government has gotten too large.  It has also lost sight of the purpose of government.  The government exists to insure our freedom.  It is not there to insure income redistribution.  It is not there to insure fairness.

If I own a business, I should be allowed to serve who I want, hire who I want, fire who I want.  The free market should determine if my business model is a good one or not.  If a hair salon wants to serve mostly Black women customers, then they should not be forced to hire a white man as a stylist, unless they want do hire one.

If I don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, then my bakery should not be required to bake that cake.  If there is a large enough market for gay wedding cakes, then the market will provide that service.  We need to stop thinking about fairness, and instead work for freedom.  If the government compels you to make a cake you don't want to make, or hire people you don't want to hire, then you are not free; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: