Thursday, August 13, 2015

No Vitriol

I try not to insult individuals in conversations about politics.  Sometimes I may describe a public person in a manner that is not complementary, but it is meant to be descriptive, not insulting.  If some frequently lies, they are a liar.  That is not an insult as much as it is an accurate description of their behavior.

If I must describe someone in a negative manner, I try to include examples of my point.  So if I describe someone as a liar, I would include at least one instance of when they lied.  I also try to be respectful of the other people as human beings and according to their office.

I always try to refer to him as President Obama, rather than just by his last name.  We should always hold an office in the proper esteem, even if we don't care for the holder of that office.  Idle name calling is not helpful and does not further the discourse.  The discussion of facts and opinions without rancor or vitriol is the best way to forward the conservative agenda; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: