Monday, January 26, 2015

Ghostbusters

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/27/the-all-female-ghostbusters-reboot-gets-a-cast/21135766/

I love movies and TV shows.  I have a massive DVD collection and MRS Bunkermeister and I watch TV every day.  I like it when they make sequels to movies I like and when they make a movie version of TV shows I love.

Hollywood does frequently disappoint me, however.  If you make a remake of a beloved TV show, then you anticipate that the name recognition will drawn in fans of the original to make a nice initial box office number.  A ready built-in fan base to see your movie and talk it up to others.

Hollywood gets it wrong nearly every time.  The new Ghostbusters is going to have a all female cast.  A buddy picture with an all female cast simply does not work.  Guys are buddy's in a much different dynamic than women are friends.  I anticipate it will bomb, big time; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: