Monday, October 13, 2014

Morality

Recently a proponent of same sex marriage asked me why I was opposed to same sex marriage.  They did not think I should be opposed to it because it would not effect me directly.  Should I only worry about issues that won't effect me directly?

If global warming creates a problem for society in 20, to 50 years, why should I care?  I live in the USA and it is unlikely to have any direct effect on me, so why should I care?  If police oppress certain populations in our nation and I am not in that group, then why should I care?

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee."  As a traditional, conservative, Christian I believe that homosexual behavior is sinful; in thought, word and deed.  So I don't want our society to endorse behavior that I think is sinful.  The same arguments for same sex marriage hold true for polygamy, and for child marriage.  It's all about the love, it won't effect you anyway, what do you care about what two people do alone in the bedroom.  I do care, and I care about the morals and ethics of our society; we all should; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: