Thursday, August 28, 2014

Economic Recovery



I think there are several ways the nation can recover.  In general, I don't like the idea of the government gives one company a tax break that another company does not get.  I also don't like bailouts, companies should be allowed to fail no matter how big they are.  Saturn was non-union and made money.  GM dropped Saturn and would not even sell it as payback to the big unions for their bailout.

I do believe that we need to keep certain industries here in the US like computers and such.  I think we can do that with market forces.  We need to cut regulations.  As an example the Civil Rights Act of 1964 should be amended to remove the words "and private" from the act.  The government should be color blind to its citizens, but private companies should be able to hire, fire, promote or bypass anyone for any reason, fair or not.  If I want to run a all gay black lesbian bar, then I should not have to hire straight white guys. 



If I want to have all my executives to be all white men under 30 years old for my hip clothing company, then I should have the freedom to do that.  We spend too much money on lawsuits and hiring based on things other than what the company wants.  We saw in WWII companies hired anyone they could get because there was a labor shortage and it was good for business.  Do you think Chinese companies get sued because they did not hire enough women, gays, blacks, or any other hiring practice?  We need to give our people and our companies more freedom to compete as they see fit, not require them to do what other nations don't require; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.


No comments: