Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The End is Nigh

We need to be prepared for all those potential disasters that will happen in the next year.  The snowstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes.  The riots, the floods, the fires and other disasters that befall us every year here in the USA.  I have checking and savings accounts at two different banks, one I use all the time and other just sits there and is used occasionally. If my bank fails I have a second bank ready to step in. One is a major multi-national bank and the other is a local bank. I rotate my food and I buy canned goods by the case so I always have enough food on hand for at least a month. I have bottled water delivered to the house and keep at least 10 bottles unopened that get rotated into the cooler but that gives me 50 gallons fresh drinking water without much investment or trouble.
If I could I would do more. Not because of the prediction of some guy raving about black helicopters and the UN bringing tanks in our streets or DHS buying a billion rounds of ammo. That's all just crazy talk. But rather because real world local, regional and international problems do happen and you should make a reasonable effort to be ready.
 
 Have a plan on what to do if things get bad. If the 9.9 earthquake happens where do you go if your house falls down? Where do you meet if your are not home? Do you keep supplies in your car if you are stuck 30 miles from home and have to walk home because all the freeway overpasses have fallen down? There are plenty of reasons to prepare for an emergency or disaster and we don't need to make up imaginary dangers. And if the worst happens then you will have made some preparation; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: