Tuesday, November 13, 2012

50 / 50

Some people are talking about leaving the Union and forming their own nation, separate from the United States of America.  I think the nation is very divided and while I don't support secession, I certainly do think that something radical needs to be done to shake up this nation. 

Half of our nation works for the government, gets government pensions, or some other government payment.  The other half of us pay for those paychecks, pensions and entitlement programs.  These two groups are difficult to reconcile.  They tend to believe in very different things.

Those of us who believe in traditional values, are under assault.  We are told we are selfish, evil, and intolerant.  Many of us are no longer able to trust the government as we once did.  We have spent too many years living in fear of change, that our religious freedom, our gun rights, our income, our freedom of expression will all be taken away so we can support people who don't value what we value.  I don't think succession is the answer, I am not sure what the answer is, but I am worried about our great nation; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: