Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Polls and Unions

It's only a few more days before the election and the election is being called as "too close to call."   I am not a pollster and I think most polling is a waste of time.  I consider it made up news.  The main stream media does not want to tell you where the candidates stand on particular issues because that would be difficult so they just give a poll.

We talked to a few people and most of them said they would vote for this guy or that guy.  Then tomorrow we will talk to some other people and they will tell us who they will vote for in the election.  It's all a waste of time.  Tell me where the candidates stand.  Tell me about the issues, tell me about state and local races too.

In California the state is locked up by powerful government employee unions who rake in millions of dollars and use them to lobby for special exemptions from the law and special privileges that non-union people don't get.  Once again there are people trying to break those unions but they try to frame the argument that you are against teachers, firefighters and police if you don't back their unions.  I am all for police, firefighters and teachers but that does not mean I think they should be allowed to bankrupt the state; that's the view from the Hysterical Right Wing.

No comments: